BasicTalk Reasonable Use Policy
This Reasonable Use Policy ("Policy") is a guide so customers understand how they can use our service, and to prevent exploitation, fraud and abuse of its unlimited calling plan and features. This Policy is applicable to all BasicTalk services and is part of our Terms of Service, which are located at www.basictalk.com/tos.
Normal, Reasonable Use
BasicTalk's service plan is for normal residential or personal, non-commercial use. This means that only the account holder and residential family members may use the service. Residential family members include your immediate family who reside in your personal residence - such as, your spouse, domestic partner, parents and/or children.
Certain Uses of our Service are Not Allowed
BasicTalk compares customer’s usage to that of other customers to determine if such usage is consistent with the way other customers are using the service. The BasicTalk service may not be used:
- by or for others who do not live with you
- for operating a business, even if operating from the residence
- for operating any other enterprise, including not-for-profit or a call center
- for resale to others
- for auto-dialing or fax/voice blasts
- for the purposes of telemarketing
- without live dialog, including use as a monitor, intercom or for transcription purposes
A customer's total usage is unusual if (a) two or more of the following occur in consecutive months, or (b) it exceeds 3000 minutes per month IN COMBINATION with one or more of the following, excessive:
- unique numbers called
- call lengths
- call forwarding/transferring
- conference calling
- short duration calls
- number of calls made during a month
- number of calls made to a conference calling service during a month
- number of calls made during business hours
- number of calls terminated and re-initiated consecutively, which, in the aggregate, result in excessive call lengths during a specific time frame; or
- other abnormal calling patterns indicative of an attempt to evade enforcement of this Reasonable Use Policy
If a combination of these factors occurs, BasicTalk may determine that abnormal, unreasonable or usage that is not allowed is occurring, and may take action, including, but not limited to, immediate suspension of your BasicTalk service. In addition, if we determine that you are engaging in usage that is not allowed or may hurt or damage other customers’ ability to use the service, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to contact you so that you may correct the way you are using the service.
If you do not correct the way you are using the service, we may suspend or terminate your service with or without further notice. You may not use our service or devices in any way that is illegal, fraudulent, improper or inappropriate. You may not use any automated means to manipulate our service or use our service to violate any law, rule, regulation or any third party's intellectual property or personal rights. We may forward the relevant communication and other information to the appropriate authorities for investigation and prosecution if you are using, or have used our service in a manner we believe to be illegal, fraudulent, improper or inappropriate.
We reserve all of our legal rights.
BasicTalk reserves the right to change this Reasonable Use Policy at any time. Changes shall become effective when a revised Reasonable Use Policy is posted to BasicTalk's websites